What Makes a Good Business Center?
What Are Business Centers?
Working outside of a traditional office has become widely popular in recent years. There is an increased demand for co-working spaces, with one of the earliest forms being business centers. Business centers are often spaces in hotels that have computers and desks readily available for travelers. However, they have grown and can offer the necessary services and facilities to fulfill any business’ needs. Finding the right business center can save a company time and money due to their attractive locations that add business potential. But not every business center was made equal, so here are a few qualities you should look for in your next co-working space.
Before you get swept away by the bells and whistles of a company, you want to ensure the business center provides essential amenities like meeting rooms, security, cafeteria, high-speed internet, and reception. The ideal business center will also provide sufficient desk space with meeting rooms so that you can host your business fully from the center.
One of the largest business centers in Phoenix, Co+Hoots, can host more than 250 entrepreneurs and businesses. For a daily fee, the business center users gain access to open offices, enclosed offices, and plenty of individual desks. What sets Co+Hoots apart is their ability to bring together their members. Each of their members gains access to business development programs, including Midweek Lunch and Learns, Hoot Hour networking events, and Success Lab events.
In addition, this business center features weekly educational panels to help educate business owners on how to scale their business. A business center like Co+Hoots aims to create a collaborative environment that helps support and encourage entrepreneurs.
The location of a business center matters, because it can help keep you connected to your city, and save you time and effort in the commute. If you are planning on holding meetings at your rented space, you should consider a place that is easily accessible to your business associates and clients. Of course, if the business center is located in a particularly desirable location in the middle of a busy city, you might find that the monthly cost will be higher, so you will have to weigh access and budget in your decision.
Cup of Coffee
It might sound simple, but a good cup of coffee can make a big difference in your productivity. Most business centers will offer coffee, but many times it is not top-notch. Some of the best business centers will make space for an artisanal coffee stand. Having access to this added kick of caffeine can help members get through the day and also can serve as a social meeting place, assisting the members with networking and forming connections.
Quality over Design
A good business center invests in quality, and not just something that is “cool” or “trendy.” Of course, if the furniture not only is good quality and looks nice, it is a bonus, but you don’t want to sit in a chair all day that is uncomfortable but makes you look really cool. It is something that is overlooked when you are browsing business centers, but finding a chair with strong lumbar support is invaluable.
Bonus: All-in-One Amenities
Another of the largest business centers, WeWork, goes above and beyond with their offered amenities at their San Jose office. With magnificent views, the center also offers a gym with showers, a game room, and an outdoor wellness space. They go above and beyond with what they offer to encourage their members to work hard but have fun while doing it.
Finding the best business center for you is easy, as long as you find the features that matter most to you. A business center is an excellent way to have an office without having to sign an expensive office rental. As business centers continue to grow in popularity, there is a chance traditional offices could be a thing of the past.
Ownership is out, Sharing is in! The buzz being created by startups like Airbnb, Uber, Ola, OfficingNow are here for all of us to see. Call it the Uberisation of Workspaces.
The new concept on the block is sharing of office spaces. Working from business centers, coworking or shared workspaces is now termed ‘cool’. One has to no longer wait to set up an office to get started on a new project or even a new business. Often, the time to set up an office establishes the success or failure of a new venture.
Business centers are mushrooming everywhere.
So you have a business center, which is really a well furnished and serviced workspace, that is professionally managed and equipped with modern facilities. Now, what is that a newly set up business center should do to make it a success?
To begin with, let’s look at that trail of things that need your attention while managing your newly set up business center:
- Facilities — The flexible working professional is looking for increasing his productivity. You need to ensure that your center is equipped with hassle free & smooth working facilities of easy yet secure access, adjustable airconditioning, clean and hygienic restrooms. Common areas like pantry, dining, documentation center complete with photocopier, fax & scanner, should be well equipped and brightly decorated.
- Furniture & Furnishing — An ergonomic and elegant ambience promotes productivity. The design should impart positivity and appeal to the target segment. For example, if your target segment is young, geeky techies or digital marketing enthusiasts, a colourful and contemporary design will appeal.
- Internet & Communication — Ensure reliable, secure and high speed internet. Network of all telecom operators should be fine. If not, get boosters installed. Ensure there is adequate redundancy of UPS & power backup. Poor internet and telecom networks will have your clients walking out without notice — you surely do not want that to happen!
- Security — Ensure the security of your clients and their equipments. Pay special attention to women security issues, not only in the premises but even at the building access area. Well-lit corridors and staircases with proper access control mechanism inspires confidence. Install latest and updated fire fighting equipments and become a model business center.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) — An efficient business center needs to have well defined processes for client management — pre-sales; acquisition; service management; renewals & extensions; accounting; reservation systems. These ideally should be automated processes, or if you are just starting off, you should have a plan to automate them as your volumes build up.
- Professional Team — They say business is as good as the team that manages it. Ensure your team is a motivated, smart and energetic bunch of people that is totally customer oriented and have service orientation that would surpass the best standards. Build a team of professionals like lawyers, accountants, marketers, etc., that can be offered to your clients for their business needs, especially if your clients are startups and freelancers.
- Marketing — Assure everyone that your business center is supported with the 4 Ps of marketing. Reach out to the communities that are going to be your clients — now and in future — through innovative online digital marketing channels, because that’s where most of your target clients like entrepreneurs, freelancers, business travelers and home workers
And last but not the least, network well. Use services of a reputed aggregator. who understand this domain well and can guide and assist you in all the above seven aspects of running a business center efficiently and effectively. On their portal and mobile app they list different types of workspaces like team offices, training halls, conference/video conference rooms, call-center spaces, executive offices, business lounges, hot desks and corporate guest houses. Their unique one-page-for-every-inventory and high quality digital marketing support allows you to showcase your inventory in its complete glory. Patronised by a large number of flexible working community to plan, book and use their workspace,
You May Also Read
- 9 Tested Ways to Monetize Your Blog Contents
- How to build a Brand for a New Business and Mistakes to Avoid
- Ways to Create Wealth Online for Students and Teens
- How To Boost Your Fertility With Scent Leaf
- How to Start a Turkey Farming: Profitable Business Plan For Beginners
- How to Start a Poultry Farming Business in USA Australia Canada
- Careers in Agriculture and how to start any from Scratch
- 7 Winning Strategies for Trading Binary Options